Hands Giving Hope (HGH) is a 501(c)(3) Christian non-profit organization that works with local, regional, and international partners to help establish sustainable projects and programs for children and their families living in poverty. We desire to further the Kingdom of God by responding to the poor, disadvantaged, hopeless, and disenfranchised throughout the world. To this end, our focus is to identify the root causes of poverty, identify tangible opportunities to educate, empower and enlighten, and to assist with projects and programs that address these needs in a long-term, self-sustaining manner. We believe that fulfilling physical needs is necessary to reaching the spiritual need of those entrapped in poverty and social injustice.
Our model is to develop strong partnerships with local partners and work cooperatively and intentionally with these partners to identify problems and culturally-relevant solutions. Currently, we work very closely with international partners in China, India, Mexico, Honduras, Philippines, and Kenya. Within the United States, we have established partners on the Navajo Nation and work with those in need throughout the State of Arizona.
Since 1998, we have traveled to poverty-stricken areas around the world assessing needs and tackling the real problems leading to poverty. Our activities have encompassed orphan care, education, short-term food provision, agriculture/animal husbandry, medical/dental services, housing/water/sanitary provision, and Christian spiritual development. Specifically, we do the following:
- Provide funding, resources, and professional and technical services to organizations directly engaged with their communities
- Support orphans and vulnerable children by constructing and operating orphanages and other homes.
- Reach out to children and their families who have been impacted by HIV/AIDs, through provision of medical treatment, comfort, economic support, and family care.
- Help prevent AIDS and other diseases through awareness, education, and prevention programs and support.
- Improve and promote health among all persons by providing shelter, clean water, sanitation facilities, and other infrastructure.
- Provide individuals and other non-profit and for-profit organizations located outside with opportunities to be directly involved in programs and projects.
- Establish programs and projects aimed at uplifting the standards of life and providing future opportunities by building schools, training centers, medical and dental facilities, hospitals, and other related facilities.
- Establish income-generating projects that promote social, economic, and physical well-being of local communities including, but not limited to, handcrafts, animal husbandry, farming, construction, and apparel production.
- Provide micro-loans to individual entrepreneurs to establish and maintain businesses that will provide economic security for the individual, their families, and the community.
- Protect the environment by developing programs that are sustainable in terms of environmental impact, social justice, and economic parity.
- Provide programs and opportunities for spiritual development, training, and education.
- Evangelize, disciple, equip pastors, and establish the church.
- Work together with other persons of like minds and intentions without discrimination based on race, tribe, sex, language, religion, or profession.
- Apply to any international body, Government or authority, public organization, corporation, company, foundation, NGO, non-profit organization, or person and accept grants of money or land, donations, gifts, subscriptions, and other assistance in order to promote our objectives.
There are many organizations that are making a difference in the lives of the impoverished throughout the world – we commend their work and strive to support their work by implementing different methods that are not competitive, but instead are complementary, to theirs. Here is how we do this:
- The focus of our work is directed by our international partners. We recognize that they live, work, and minister in these areas and have a much better understanding of the needs and potential solutions than we do. We communicate with our partners frequently and visit with our partners regularly to evaluate the success of the programs.
- We provide specific opportunities for individuals, churches, non-profit, and private companies to be involved – through donations, short-term or long-term on-site work, technical assistance, or other support avenues. We report back with tangible results of what has been accomplished through your assistance. Not only does this allow you to see exactly what has been done with your time or finances, but it allows your resources to be leveraged to accomplish bigger things.
- We are a lean, efficient organization. We have no full-time paid staff and 99 percent of financial donations go directly to those in need. Our audited financial reports and 990 Forms are always available to assure transparency and financial integrity of our operations.
The Independent Charities Seal of Excellence is awarded to the members of Independent Charities of America and Local Independent Charities of America that have, upon rigorous independent review, been able to certify, document, and demonstrate on an annual basis that they meet the highest standards of public accountability, program effectiveness, and cost effectiveness.
There are a lot of resources entrusted to Hands Giving Hope to help transform lives, and we take that responsibility very seriously.
We prayerfully and carefully look over and review all of our projects and costs, use donations and grants for their intended purposes, and look for ways to make the most with what God gives us financially to change the lives of every child, family and community we come in contact with.
As a Christian organization, we acknowledge that we are accountable not only to our donors and partners, but to God. “For we are taking pains to do what is right, not only in the eyes of the Lord but also in the eyes of men.” – 2 Corinthians 8:21